Just like you, we’re in the business of value creation.
Through technology licensing and sponsored research, the Office for Technology Commercialization (OTC) can help you gain access to a new market, build a better product, or simply acquire a greater mindshare of your existing customers.
Local or global, established or newly formed, our licensees and partners find that our research offers unique opportunities that help propel them to a sustainable competitive advantage in the markets that they serve.
We have licensed technologies to established firms—including 3M, Adobe, Boston Scientific, Honeywell, Medtronic, and Rolls Royce—that have turned our research into a commercial product or service.
Minnesota Innovation Partnerships, or MN-IP, is an industry-friendly way to partner with the University on research. This approach helps streamline partnerships to transform discoveries into innovative solutions.
We offer a number of benefits to business partners:
- Direct access to world-class innovations
- Opportunities to develop technologies from our renowned research faculty
- Legal, technical, and business advice from our experienced team
- Comfort and satisfaction of licensing intellectual property from the University of Minnesota, ranked 8th among public research universities in the US
- We hold significant industry experience across many disciplines
- We understand the product development process and the time and resources required to commercialize early-stage research
- We cultivate long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with local entrepreneurs and business executives
Get to Know Us
We invite you to introduce yourself and tell us your business goals. We can help you find a compound, tool, or process that will help you reach those goals.
Contact us at email@example.com or 612-624-0550.
More Ways to Connect
For other industry resources at the University of Minnesota, visit the Office of University Economic Development.