Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Core Training
Faculty members, postdoctoral fellows, and others serving as principal investigators (PIs) are required to complete the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Core Training. PIs who have already met the RCR Core requirement do not need to take it again.
Sign Up Instructions
The RCR Core is a Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) course. CITI uses a single sign-in application, so UMN employees can use their UMN internet IDs when logging into CITI RCR Core Training.
To enroll in a course for the first time:
- Select “Register”
- Enter “University of Minnesota (SSO)” in the Select Organization Affiliation box
- Enter your name and UMN email address as your primary email
- Select the training required by or most appropriate to your research activities by answering the questions. For RCR Core training, check all boxes that apply in question #1.
- Click “Submit”
To merge your UMN internet ID with a previously created CITI account,* email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your first and last name
- The name of your institution
- UMN email for the account to keep
- The username or Member ID and email for the account to merge
*If you merge an existing account from another institution, please note that the University of Minnesota requirements may be different, so you may have to take additional modules.
The RCR Core Training must be completed no later than 90 days from the date of a PI’s initial appointment. Personnel anticipating a research award within the 90 day window should meet the RCR requirement as early as possible. Awarded funds cannot be released until all RCR requirements are met.